We welcome all individual travelers to our simple Quaker accommodations. To make space for larger groups, we only accept individual reservations up to 8 weeks in advance.
All of our rooms are dormitory style with bunk beds (further descriptions of our rooms are here). If you are unable to use a top bunk please call to see if we have bottom bunks available in the room you intend to reserve.
Rate Per Night
Type of Room
We have two 10-person rooms, two 4-person rooms and a one 2-person room (30 beds total). Guests may use our living room, dining room and a guest fridge and microwave. For families, we offer a discount rate of $150 per family per night for a family of four.
To make a reservation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202) 543-5560 with the following information:
- Which nights will you stay and what day do you plan to leave?
- How many are in your group? How many males and how many females?
- What is your full name, address, and phone number? If you are with an organization, please give its name.
- What is your credit card number and its expiration date? (This is required to hold the reservation.)
- Are you a Quaker and what brings you to Washington? (You do not have to be Quaker to stay here.)
- What time of day do you expect to arrive? (Our office closes at 9 PM and we generally do not accept guests after midnight. Late check-ins must call ahead of time to alert staff.)
Information About Staying at the William Penn House:
- Breakfast is included and served from 8 to 9 in the morning.
- Towels and bedding are provided.
- Smoking, drugs and alcohol are not allowed in the house.
- Maximum length of stay is 14 days in a two-month period.
- Check-in is from noon to 9 pm, but you can arrive any time after 7 am and leave your bags downstairs until your rooms are ready or until you return in the evening. There is a $20 late fee for checking in between 9-10:30 pm and you must make prior arrangements with staff. No check-ins past 10:30 are possible.
- There is a $5 cash key deposit that is returned upon checkout. This opens the front door so guests may come and go as they like.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am, but there is no curfew.
- Check-out is at 10am, but you may leave your bags at the house as long as they are picked up before 6:30 pm the same day. There are fees for late check-out or luggage pick up.
- There is no guest kitchen or TV; however, a refrigerator, toaster, electric-kettle and microwave are available for use in one of the two common dining rooms on the second floor. An adjacent living room is also open space for guests to enjoy.
- Meeting for Worship is held each morning from 7:30 to 8. You are welcome to join us; otherwise we ask that you be especially quiet during that time and respect the silence of the worshipers
- Enjoy our large selection of books on Quakers, other spiritual traditions, peacemaking, history, children’s books and local guidebooks.